- Please login or signup as Customer to purchase.
Tarani: Weapon Retention & Disarming
Weapons retention is a matter of position and control. Designed for and used by law enforcement, military, and high-profile protective services, this course is essential to anyone anticipating engagement of a physical threat at close quarters and under duress with or without a firearm. Premium training in weapon retention and counter retention (disarming) of edged weapons, impact weapons, and firearms, these up-to-date skills are not specific to weapon type and are effective from a variety of positions.
Attention is paid to safety concerns of holstered firearms, presented firearms, counter-retention (disarming) and weapons retention from unusual positions and a variety of skills that are often ignored such as long gun take-away skills and defeating a counter presentation. In addition to weapons retention, learn simple-to-execute practical techniques to disarm any attacker. Using a weapon is a poor choice for most people and simply knowing how to take it away may well end the encounter.
This course will provide you with the skills necessary to disarm an armed opponent. You’ll learn very simple concepts and very easy-to-execute techniques to disarm an opponent armed with a variety of weapons.
What to bring:
- Comfortable attire – wear what you normally wear. Gloves are mandatory for this training. Notebooks (or notepads) are very welcome. Still photos and limited video OK.
- This is a very fun and easy-to-learn class! You walk away with a tremendous amount of EXTREMELY valuable and useful information with very minimal physical effort.
- Minimally inert/ blue/ red gun (handgun) and matching holster. If long gun, please bring a VERY sturdy and secure sling system.
**MEMBERS MUST CALL IN THEIR ENROLLMENT TO GET THEIR 20% DISCOUNT**
Taught by Steve Tarani, this two-day program with a focus on weapons retention and disarming.
- Choose a date above to see available times.